Jan 26th 2021
Interview Scheduling Software - How Complicated Do You Want It To Be?
Interview scheduling tools are everywhere these days, but everyone’s interview scheduling needs are different. As a result, it’s likely there is one interview scheduler for everyone. In the last post I suggested that complexity, candidate experience and price were a good way to decide which one is right for you. Now I want to talk about interview scheduling tool complexity. By complexity, I mean technical requirements and ease of use.
Interview Scheduling for Recruiters or IT Professionals?
There are no technical requirements for using Interviewer Assistant. If you have Internet and a computer you can schedule interviews. Although I like techie people, you don’t need their help to use Interviewer Assistant because:
1. It’s not software. You never have to install anything to use Interviewer Assistant because it’s web-based. If you can use Facebook you can use Interviewer Assistant,
2. It’s easy to use. Interviewer Assistant is for, and tested on, low-tech individuals (spouses, recruiters, our Mothers, etc.). Most people use the Interviewer Assistant free trial for a month and go into their paid subscription without ever contacting us because it’s that simple to use. Within minutes of starting your trial account you can be scheduling interviews.
3. It’s an interview scheduling tool. Interviewer Assistant is a tool for recruiters to schedule interviews quickly and easily with candidates and that’s all it is. If you are looking for a tool that replaces Outlook or that manages interview rooms or generates your daily horoscope, this isn’t it. We are finding that some enterprising customers are using Interviewer Assistant in ways we did not expect, but the principle is the same. And really, do you want a Rube Goldberg mousetrap to do something as simple as schedule interviews?
Interview Scheduling and Your Complexity Needs
It’s entirely possible that you are looking for something that does more than schedule interviews and have permission to install software. Some simple questions to ask yourself about the level of complexity you are comfortable with are:
- Who do I want supporting my interviewer scheduling – me or an IT person?
- Do I have permission to install interview scheduling software?
- How much technology am I comfortable with and do I like a tech challenge?
- Do I have time to learn a new tool or do I want something I can use right out of the box?
- How easy and straight forward will scheduling be for my candidates?
Your candidate’s interview scheduling experience is an important consideration. When it comes to the interview scheduling process, your candidates will appreciate a simple and easy approach.
Posts on choosing an interview scheduling tool:
Is Interviewer Assistant the right interview scheduling tool for you? Then consider signing up for a 1-month free trial to find out.